For the back of the shark style slipper :
1. ch 16, sc in 2nd chain and next 14 chains, sc in next 25 sc, sc in 15 opposite chains from starting chain (55)
2. ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across and then finish off in grey
3-7. ch 1, turn, dec, sc to last 2 sc then dec
(you will then end with a stitch count of 47)
8. with white, ch 11, skip 11 stitches from the grey portion and sc in 25 sc, ch 12, turn
9. 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 10 chains, sc in next 25 sc, and sc in next 10 chains, 2 sc in last chain.
10. ch1, turn, 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 21 sc, dec, sc, dec, sc in 21 sc 2 sc in last sc
11.-12 repeat 10
13. ch 1, turn, sc in 22 sc, dec, sc, dec, sc in 22 sc and finish off and sew closed the center seam of white portion (with right sides together)
with a single strand, sc around the edge of the mouth (use grey for grey and white for white)-when you get to angled decrease portion of the snout-make a 9 sc cluster to give it that nice 3-d look.
With single strand of white, join in any sc on mouth and cg 1, sc in same sc, (ch 2, sc in 2nd chain from hook and next 2 sc) repeat (-) around but in the corners of the mouth put a dec.
with 2 strands of grey, 6 sc across the tip of the toe(you are crocheting right to the slipper here-this avoids having to sew it on later)
1. ch 1, turn, 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in 4 sc, 2 sc in last sc
2. ch 1, turn, 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in 6 sc, 2 sc in last sc.
3. ch 1, turn, 2 c in same sc, sc in 3 sc, sl in next stitch leave lest of the stitches unworked.
4. ch 1, turn, dec, sc in 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc
5. ch 1, turn, 2 sc in same sc, sc in next sc, dec
6. ch 1, turn, dec, sc in next sc, 2 sc in last sc and finish off
7. join with sl in next stitch from row 3, sc in 3 sc, 2 sc in last sc
8. ch 1, turn, 2 sc in same sc, sc in 2 sc, dec
9. ch 1, dec, sc, 2 sc in last sc
finish off and with one strand sc around putting (2 sc, ch, 2 sc in each corner and a dec in the valley of tail).
Dorsal fin (just work in round-don’t join after each round) using double strand and grey
1. ch 14 make ring
2. sc around
3. dec, sc in 10 sc, dec
4. sc around (12)
5. dec, sc in 8, dec (10)
6. sc around
7. dec, sc in 6 sc, dec (8)
8. sc round
9. dec around (4) finish off and sew tip closed…
1. using double strand and grey, ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 4 chains. (5)
ch 1, turn, dec, sc in 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc
3. ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 2 sc, dec
4. ch 1, turn, dec, sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc
7. ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 2 sc sl in next sc, finish off and sc around, putting 2 sc in some places along the long curved edge and a (2 sc, ch 1, 2 sc) in the tip).
with single strand of black
make a magic ring, ch 1, 6 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc and finish off-that’s it…Do NOT put a catch light…because like Quint says, “Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he’s got… lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eye. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be livin’. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white.”